Thursday, October 2, 2008

Divine Reserve 7

St Arnold's new Divine Reserve release, a Weizenbock, debuted on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2008. Specs Warehouse downtown (Houston) had a very large shipment (larger than most stores) and they were completely wiped out in less than two hours. Kevin and I just happened to enter the Bayarea Specs right on time to pick up 4 six packs between the two of us. I have had two DR7's thus far. It is an amazing beer. Very complex, but pleasant and easy to drink. I will review it soon once I can fully wrap my palate around all the flavors found in this fun Weizenbock. Speaking of Divine Reserves, Rick now has a small vertical collection of DR5, DR6, and now DR7. After a few more DR releases, we may get to do a vertical tasting (if Rick is kind enough to invite us to join him.)


In beer news. I tasted one of Rick-n-Kevin's DAPA's dry hopped with Cascades with Rick on Sunday night. The beer was a bit sweeter than I was expecting, but its a really great homebrewed Double American Pale Ale.

On the homefront, I have bottled my Blanche De Chambly clone. The beer should be just about perfect for drinking around the time that Rick's wedding rolls around (October 11, 2008.) We will have friends and family in from out of town, so maybe I will unveil it to them. I think I will call it, "Its a great day for a Wit Wedding."

No comments: