The Thursday prior to my Saturday wedding, I invited all of my family and out of town friends over to our house and grilled out burgers and sausage for everyone. While my family is not huge on craft beer they all enjoyed Saint Arnolds Texas Wheat. For the rest of us I had coolers full of Stone Ruination, Real Ale Rio Blanco Pale Ale, Saint Arnolds Elissa IPA, Southern Star Pine Belt Pale Ale etc... Wonderful time.
Friday night after our rehersal, we had a wonderful dinner at Robinettes in Seabrook, TX. They were nice enough to allow us to bring our own drinks. My awesome dad stocked us up on Dale's Pale Ale, Reale Ale Full Moon Rye Pale Ale, Saint Arnolds Oktoberfest, Elissa IPA and Lawnmower Kolsch, and more Stone Ruination. Needless to say, the time was enjoyed by all. That night my groomsmen and I retired to Rob's (Twin #1) upper deck, smoked cuban cigars and drank a couple more beers. The memory gets a bit hazy here but I am certain there were some Miller Lite cans in circulation. Roots.
Saturday, THE BIG DAY!, was no different than the prior two. Me and my grooms men dove into some awesome beers. For breakfast I had a Bronco Burrito (Galveston classis!) with Rob's (Twin #1) Sour Belgian Wit. Rob's (Twin #1) sour wit is outstanding! While watching Texas Longhorns handle Oklahoma Sooners, I popped the cork on a DeProef Imperial Wit. What a solid beer! While us Americans have become accustomed to associate Imperial with over-the-top, this bigger beer was well balanced and full of awesome flavors. Before heading off to the wedding venue, I eased any last minute nervousness with a 2007 North Coast Old Stock Ale. I had asked Rob (Twin #1) to bring some snacks to the Gentlemen's Changing area so all my guys could sit around and relax a bit... and instead Rob (Twin #1) brought a cooler full of Great Divide Oak Aged Yeti Imperial Stout, Unibroue Maudite, Saint Arnolds Oktoberfest, more Pine Belt Pale Ale and Ruination. We all respected the beer, nobody overindulged and we had a beautiful ceremony. Unfortunantly our wedding venue had a limited beer selection so the best I could do for my guys was Shiner Bock.
Sunday, Stephanie and I made our way back over to my parents' house to visit with my Grandfather, Uncle Don, Aunt Jan and Cousin Farish. Rob and I knew Uncle Don really enjoyed craft beer and loved maltier, english origin beers. We shared Randy's (younger brother) Homebrewed American IPA, Meantime Porter, 2007 Ommegang Three Philosophers, 2007 Oregon Trail Bourbon Barrel Imperial Porter, and the star of the evening, 2007 Smuttynose Imperial Stout. I can't say enough good things about the Smuttynose Imperial Stout! Just the smell was intriguing enough. So many wonderful layers of flavor. This beer ranks up there in my top 3 beers ever. What a way to wind down an awesome weekend.
I would like to thank my new wife for being so understanding with this hobby of ours. I would also like to thank all of my groomsmen, Rob, Randy, Scott, Kevin, Ryan, Kenny and Matt for all their help. I hope everyone enjoys our latest installment. Hopefully we will have some new homebrew news sooner than later.
Take care.
-Rick
No comments:
Post a Comment