The home-brewed experiment is still coming along nicely. Took a sample last night and the beer is nice and sour with a tart raspberry experience in there, as well as an oaky astringent mouthfeel. The nose is extreme right now though, with leather, earth, and sour notes. Time will do this beer well.
In other odd homebrew news... Rick and I brewed was an Abbey Ale about 6 months ago. This brew was deemed, a good try, but far from good early on, due to some strange tastes, low carbonation levels, and apparent early oxidation.

However, on a whim, Rick and I opened up a bottle last night and found that our secondary bottle fermentation had created some nice carbonation, the astringent flavors had weakened, and the entire beer was starting to come together. I think this beer wants some more time in a cool dark place to age out a bit more and let the nose tame down (serious alcohol bite), but in due time we may have a winner!
In other odd homebrew news... Rick and I brewed was an Abbey Ale about 6 months ago. This brew was deemed, a good try, but far from good early on, due to some strange tastes, low carbonation levels, and apparent early oxidation.
However, on a whim, Rick and I opened up a bottle last night and found that our secondary bottle fermentation had created some nice carbonation, the astringent flavors had weakened, and the entire beer was starting to come together. I think this beer wants some more time in a cool dark place to age out a bit more and let the nose tame down (serious alcohol bite), but in due time we may have a winner!
Last but not least- google "Rob Beer" and you will find this gem. This man is named Rob Beer. Gnarley.
No comments:
Post a Comment