Thursday, July 24, 2008
Seawall Boulevard Bier De Guarde
The title of this post is the name of my most recent creation. Seawall Blvd is a street in our old home town of Galveston. This brew is a partial mash Bier De Guarde that on top of your normal Bier De Guarde boil, had local (grown on my land) Texas figs, and some lemon zest. Its still in the fermenter now. This brew clocked in with an O.G. of 1.080... I took a hydrometer reading today and found that its now at 1.011. I think I am going to transfer to secondary, add some priming sugar and roasted live oak, and then re-pitch with a whitelabs sour lambic yeast strain. I will then have a secondary fermentation going that I hope will generate some earthy, sour tones for this ale. More info as its becomes available!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment